Connecting Our Clients to a Safer Workplace
CSS work with some of the brightest, best and most dedicated minds in our field. We provide extensive health & safety advice across all industry covering all sectors.
CSS are committed to keeping people safe in all kinds of workplaces. Our mission is to help you to win more business, make more profits save costs and deliver your products and services to your clients in a way that is safe and healthy. Through CSS, you will have the competence and the confidence that we are working with you and your best interest. Let us do the work for you so you can get on with running your business.
As part of a multi-disciplinary consultancy. Connect are able to draw on a vast pool of experience in supporting you with a successful application to the accreditation of your choice.
In the last 18 months we have successfully submitted over 200 applications with a 100% pass rate. At Connect we understand the importance of gaining the accreditation. Not only can you win more work it can on times also hinder and hold up companies being paid or even keeping contracts with your clients if deadline’s are not met.
That’s why at Connect continuity is the most important part of a successful application. We would assign an experienced Health & Safety Consultant to work with you though out the whole process.
If you have any questions on the above, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) came into force on 6 April 2015, replacing CDM 2007. The publication is now available and provides guidance on the legal requirements for CDM 2015 and can be downloaded from the HSE website to help with duties under the Regulations.
The guidance Itself describes:
• the law that applies to the whole construction process on all construction projects, from concept to completion.
• what each duty holder must or should do to comply with the law to ensure projects are carried out in a way that secures health and safety.
CDM 2015 is subject to certain transitional provisions which apply to construction projects that start before the Regulations come into force and continue beyond that date.
CDM 2015 recognises that there will be construction projects that start before the Regulations come into force on 6 April 2015 and continue beyond that date. For these projects, the following transitional arrangements apply.
Connect have had the pleasure to work with many businesses and premises across all sectors. We identify that each and every one are different therefor everything we recommend is personal to you and your business.
As part of a multi-disciplinary consultancy we are able to draw on a vast pool of experience to provide (but NOT limited to) the following;
Health and safety Services
• Act as a Competent Person on behalf of the client
• Annual Health & Safety Audit
• Review of current management system
• Policy in compliance with Health & Safety at work act 1974
• Update of legislation applicable to your current documentation
• Review / Provide Risk Assessments / Method Statements
• 24 hour access to advice
• To liaise with governing bodies
• Additional site visits/inspections
• Attend health & Safety meeting
• Accident Investigation
• DSE Assessments
• Assist with PQQ’s
• Legionella Assessments
• Asbestos Assessments
• Noise Assessments
The process to an ISO standard
We help companies develop new systems from scratch or just transition to the new standards. We can also provide a package to support existing systems helping with internal audits and the management reviews.
In principle the main steps in these projects are the same.
The programme of work will be as follows:
• Review and document the primary business processes in consultation with key members of staff.
• Create the mandated documents as required by the Standards.
• Create Legal Registers and carry out the Evaluation of Compliance.
• Create Register of Significant Environmental Aspects.
• Carry out a preliminary internal audit of the management system and routine audits if requested after that.
• Provide the necessary briefing and training to employees to facilitate the embedding of the new system into operational activities.
• Carry out/facilitate the Management Review.
• Assist in the planning and organisation of the Certification
Assessment and attend the external audits if required.
Connect have the pleasure in offering bespoke courses that are tailored to the client’s needs, such as: CDM awareness, Working at Height, Manual Handling, PPE, Site Safety, Method statements/Risk Assessments, COSHH, First Aid, Asbestos Training, Slips, Trips and Falls, fire training
Fire Safety Management
In 2005 The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 / Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 was introduced, the new regulations simplify matters and make it more straightforward for people to understand what they need to do to comply.
We are a fire safety management company operating throughout the UK. We will remove any concerns you may have over Fire Safety leaving you with ‘Peace of Mind’ that you and your employees are working in a safe environment, where fire risks are reduced to an acceptable level protecting your business.
The five mian steps to my Fire Risk Assessment will are:
Identify hazards and how people could be harmed, e.g., by being overcome or trapped by fire or smoke, burned, unable to escape due to locked fire exit doors, etc…
Who could be harmed? Consider the risk to people, particularly any vulnerable groups such as young persons, the elderly or visitors unfamiliar with the premises.
What existing fire safety measures are provided? Compare existing fire safety measures against standards contained in the sector-specific premises guidance documents and decide whether your existing fire safety measures for the premises are adequate or are additional measures necessary?
Record the significant findings of your fire risk assessment. Prepare an action plan, prioritise actions and allocate deadlines and responsibilities for implementation.
Make arrangements for regular review of the fire risk assessment.